Thermal Imaging Surveys
Why choose a thermographic survey?
Thermographic imaging can identify problems before they cause breakdowns or become major safety issues – either as part of fixed wire inspection & testing programme, or as a specific service.
Thermal Imaging of electrical installations can and often finds the following:
- Loose connections
- Phase imbalances
- Blocked or restricted cooling tubes in transformers
- High resistance in fuses and switchgear
Today many organisations are looking towards alternatives to any downtime of their business which periodic inspection and testing of electrical Installations sometimes requires. However, this service cannot and is not recognised as a substitute for periodic inspection and testing but is an invaluable service in the monitoring for the continued safety of the electrical installation.
On completion of the Thermal Image Survey of the electrical installation a substantial and comprehensive report will be provided, which will include:
- Thermal image of switchgear, distribution board, individual protective devices etc…
- A still picture of the item surveyed
- Information regarding temperature etc… at the time of survey