Emergency Lighting Inspection
Under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, every employer is required to identify the risks to people who enter the employer’s premises. The employer is required to take measures on the basis of the risk assessment to safeguard the building occupants. These measures need to include the provision of safe means of escape, including where necessary, emergency lighting, taking into account the needs of people with disabilities, in particular people with visual impairment.
Regular and routine inspection and testing of the emergency lighting system according to the current British Standards BS 5266-1: 2005 will identify those risks allowing any deterioration within the existing emergency lighting system to be identified and corrective actions to be targeted.
What we’ll do
- Provide emergency lighting logbook
- Test each luminaire in emergency mode
- Co-ordinate 1 or 3 hour duration tests with your staff to ensure minimal disruption
- Submit clear recommendations for any remedial works that may be required
- Issue an emergency lighting test certificate
On completion of the inspection & testing of an existing emergency lighting installation a substantial and comprehensive report will be provided.